Thursday 23 April 2020

ROBINSON'S ADVENTURES AT SEA 1/4

PART 1/4

Robinson's Adventures at Sea


I accepted the offer, and became friends with the captain, who was a good an honest man. Following the captain's advice. I spent about forty pound on things of little value.These I could trade for gold on the coast of Africa.

The voyage was a great success for me. Indeed, it was my only successful voyage. My friend the captain taugh me the skills of both a sailor an a merchant. I brought home five pounds nine ounces of gold, which I sold in London for nearly three hundred pounds.


Soon after our return to England, my friend died. I decided to do the same voyage again and signed up on the same ship eith its new captain. As we appoached the coast of Africa, we were pursued by a Turkish ship. After a short battle, the Turkish ship was victorious, and we were all taken as prisioners to the port of Sallee.

The captain of the Turkish ship made me his slave. I was horrified by this surprising change from merchant to miserable slave. I remember my father's prphecy that I Would be miserable, and I realizad that it had indeed been fulfilled.

Five pounds nine ounces : about 2,5 Kilos.
Pursued : Followed,Chased (past of the verb 'to pursue').
Fulfilled : (here) the prophecy happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I should stay, I would only be in your  . So I'll go, But I know I'll think of   every step of the way. And I Will always love yo...